Good oral health is about more than healthy teeth — it can directly impact your overall health and wellness. That’s why AmeriHealth offers several affordable dental plan options for adults and children that can be paired with our medical plans.1
What is dental insurance?
AmeriHealth dental plans provide coverage for various dental services that you would otherwise have to pay for on your own. All plans include preventive services like routine exams, cleanings, and X-rays. Most plans also include coverage for Basic & Major Services.
How does dental insurance work?
With an AmeriHealth dental plan:
- You pay a monthly premium.
- You have the freedom to see any dentist in or out of network.
- You save the most on out-of-pocket costs by choosing an in-network dentist from the Advantage Plus 2.0 network.
- If you choose to use an out-of-network dentist, you may have to pay the difference between the amount the plan pays, and the amount charged by the out-of-network dentist.
- There may be waiting periods and/or deductibles for certain services, like dentures and crowns.
- You never need a referral for specialist services.
What do dental insurance plans cover?
All AmeriHealth dental plans encourage prevention and treatment of conditions before they become more costly issues. AmeriHealth dental benefits may include coverage for:2
- Preventive services: Exams/evaluations, cleanings, and X-rays
- Basic services: Fillings, oral surgery, and root canals
- Major services: Crowns, inlays, and dentures
- Orthodontia: When medically necessary for children ages 0 – 18
Compare AmeriHealth New Jersey dental plans
What do dental insurance plans cost?
AmeriHealth offers affordable dental plan options that encourage prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of conditions before they become costly issues.
Monthly rates per member
|Pediatric only3||Pediatric with Adult Preventive3||Family Plus Dental3|
|Ages 0 – 18||$26.05||$14.85||$20.80|
|19 – 25||N/A||$14.85||$20.80|
|26 – 39||N/A||$15.78||$22.10|
|40 – 49||N/A||$18.56||$26.00|
|50 – 63||N/A||$21.81||$30.55|
|64 and older||N/A||$22.27||$31.20|
Which dental plan should I choose?
AmeriHealth offers three dental plans. All three options offer fully covered routine exams and allow you to see any dentist without a referral.
- If you just need to cover your child: AmeriHealth offers dental coverage for children up to age 19 through our Pediatric Only dental plan.3
- If your whole family needs coverage: AmeriHealth offers two options for adults and their dependent children — Pediatric with Adult Preventive and Family Plus Dental.
How do I sign up?
Adults ages 19 and older can enroll in an AmeriHealth dental plan during the annual Open Enrollment Period or during a Special Enrollment Period if they experience a Qualifying Life Event.
When you’re ready to enroll, you can sign up here.
Questions? If you need any information or assistance with choosing or enrolling in a dental plan, call AmeriHealth at 1-877-744-5422.